I never gave much thought to Western Maryland before I met my husband. As my Mother-in-law and Father-in-law say, most people think Maryland ends at Frederick or Hagerstown. When Jeremy and I met and he took me to Cumberland for the first time, I realized how much I'd been missing. There are some amazing restaurants and walking around Cumberland's little downtown is a lot of fun. Here's some places to check out if you're ever in the area:
*The Hen House (Frostburg, MD) a beautiful restaurant with great service and food that is seriously to die for. The fried chicken is absolutely out of this world.
*Penn Alps (Grantsville, MD) a Mennonite-run restaurant with a yummy brunch...all you can eat for only $13 a person! And, to my delight, there is a gift shop with stunning quilts and all kinds of other handmade goodies!
*Giuseppe's (Frostburg, MD) a delicious Italian restaurant with a wonderful atmosphere. It is relaxed but intimate.
*Coney Island Famous Weiners (Cumberland, MD) hot dogs and crinkle fries for $2...need I say more?
*Millicent's Yarn Shop: A must if you're into knitting or crocheting.
Best of all, Cumberland has such beautiful mountains and it is just such a relaxing place to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment